Invisalign is a new alternative to traditional braces and other orthodontic appliances which can fix a wide variety of teeth alignment problems. Invisalign avoids many of the problems associated with braces, presenting a much more comfortable and smile-friendly way of fixing these common issues.
Invisalign uses clear plastic aligners which are custom-fit for each patient. These fit over the entire upper or lower set of teeth, gently guiding them into the proper straightness and alignment. Invisalign works gradually with each aligner shifting the teeth weekly.
This gives Invisalign many benefits over traditional braces for most users:
- Nearly invisible: Invisalign aligners are made of clear plastic and virtually undetectable in day-to-day life.
- Easy application: Each aligner simply slides on and off. There’s no need for glues or an extensive uncomfortable application process.
- Greater comfort: In general, there is far less discomfort wearing Invisalign appliances than metal braces, with nothing to damage your lips or tongue.
- No eating restrictions: Unlike braces, Invisalign does nothing to change your eating habits. You just slip off the appliance while eating, and put it back in place when you’re done. Likewise, tooth brushing and flossing is also unaffected.
- Easy cleaning: Invisalign aligners do need to be cleaned nightly, but there is no difficulty to it. They can be cleaned through soaking, like dentures, or merely rubbed with soap and water.
Every mouth is different, and there are still some severe situations which may call for traditional orthodontic appliances. However, Invisalign can still correct for a wide variety of issues including:
- Crooked teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Undesirable bites
Invisalign can be fitted to both teenagers and adults. They are a particularly good option for working professionals whose effectiveness may be harmed by visible braces.
The first step is to receive a professional consultation to determine if Invisalign is right for you. Contact the team at Denton Lifetime Dentistry today to schedule an appointment.
Great Smiles Start Here
Let Denton Lifetime Dentistry give you a new reason to smile! Dr. Goodman is excited to help you attain confidence in your appearance and can discuss all your questions and concerns during a consultation. Call us to schedule an appointment today.